Business hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00 PM EST (excluding US Holidays) Live Chat via website: http://www.angelsense.com Live Chat via AngelSense App: Go to your app, click on "Help" then "Contact Us" Live Chat via Facebook Page: click here Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +1 888-999-2023 or 1-646-770-2950 (888) 795-2023 Canada Toll Free (808) 1890825 UK Toll Free...GO »
Getting Started Watch
Welcome to AngelSense!
Step 1: Charge the device: When connecting the device to the charger it should turn on automatically, with the watch’s screen powering on. It will take approximately 1 hour for a full charge of up to 16 hours (depending on usage).
Step 2: Download the AngelSense App.
Step 3: Log In to the AngelSense App for further guidance.
Step 4: Place near a window or go outside to get location updates to your app.
Step 5: As soon as your device is charged and turned on, take the device out in transit at least 5-10 miles outdoors away from the charging location. This way the device can fully connect to local towers and GPS in the area. You can then watch your app for prompts with further guidance. Geo-fences are created automatically in AngelSense! You can personalize your locations by renaming the places.
Download and print out this step by step guide, which takes you through all the AngelSense features so that you are prepared in case of an emergency. Keep it handy as a reference guide and give it to others that you have added to the app (Grandparent, teacher, caregiver).
Charging & Turning on
The Watch is charged with a magnetic charging dock. It takes about 1 hour to recharge the battery. The device automatically powers on when it is plugged in and shows the battery level while it’s charging.
To charge the battery:
- Connect one side of the USB charging cable to a USB outlet and the micro USB connector to the charging dock.
- Charge the watch near a window with good cellular reception, so that it stays connected to your app.
- Ensure the watch is charging:
- While connected, the watch face will show the battery level.\
- If the battery is empty, it will take approximately 20 seconds to power on.
- You will hear an audible voice say “device is charging” once it powers on.
- The app status bar will show a lightning bolt next to it.
Note: We suggest keeping the watch charging when not in use and not let the battery run out.
To turn the device off, if needed, use the app shutdown feature.
Preserving Battery Life
With the New & Improved AngelSense you can experience an improved Battery Life of up to 16 hours (depending on usage).
To provide maximum protection for your loved one, AngelSense offers several life-saving features that require a bigger battery and regular charging. To make sure your battery lasts as long as possible, here are some tips:
- Name Places – Learning your routine takes extra power, help out by naming and customizing geofences
- New places are automatically named!
- Assure Place Borders are Large Enough – This also helps decrease false alerts
- Use Certain Features Moderately – Runner Mode, 2-Way Voice, and 1-Way Voice use extra battery power
- Charge Device Fully – Leave connected to the charger until ready to use
Some more about the battery:
- The battery lasts up to 16 hours with normal use after a full charge (1 hour)
- Poor cellular reception depletes battery more quickly
- After the first 2 weeks of use, you should automatically see improved battery life
Note: Battery usage of the device is not affected by keeping the app open or receiving notifications.
Thank you for your patience as we work together to troubleshoot your issue!
- Please first make sure your app is showing the most up to date information by logging out and back in or force closing.
- Restart your device
- Be sure that the charger is correctly positioned on the magnetic charging port.
- Try charging in an alternate outlet
- Try charging with only the USB portion of the cord
- Try charging with an alternate charging plug, if available
If your device does power on, please take the device out in transit to give it a chance to gain cellular and GPS signals and communicate. If your device does not gain communication, please contact us at email@example.com once all of these steps above have been taken.