- Before attaching the device to clothing or a backpack, consider carrying the device yourself while the child is with you. Show the child the pictures from the locations visited and explain that the device allows you to see where the child is and to keep the child safe. The objective is to show the child the benefits of using the device, before he/she has to adjust to the change in the routine.
- Charge the device and prepare the article of clothing with the device already attached. Then, let your child wear the garment with the device attached to it. Typically parents attach the device inside the pant’s pocket.
- Explain to your child that the device is for you to know where they are and to help keep them safe. Again, show locations you have visited with the device in the application. In our experience, most children understand this message.
- Watch how your child reacts to wearing the device. Any removal attempt? Any attempt to disrupt operation? Help the child in adjusting to the new routine.
- Give the child time to get used to the device; once you are comfortable with their ability to wear the device in different types of activities (walking, biking, in restrooms, etc.) send your child to school and begin regular use.
- Consider a reward system, and gradual use of the device. Start with a short period. even of just a few minutes, and gradually increase the periods.
- Consult with your ABA therapist if needed.
Wearing Accessories Overview
Securing the device to clothing
Detach the device from clothing
Wearing by children who take off their clothes
The AngelSense Belt Accessory
What is the price of the belt?
Wearing for girls
Wearing by children with high sensory sensitivity
Wearing by children who are not potty trained