Empowering the Special Needs Community
How Can Kids with Special Needs Wear a Personal GPS Tracker?
Wearable personal GPS trackers usually come in the form of GPS bracelets and watches, because what could be more convenient than wearing a lightweight gadget around your wrist, right? Wrong!
Cute, colorful GPS bracelets made of textured materials are not an option for children with sensory issues and obsessive behaviors and will quickly be removed, tampered with and most probably discarded. The AngelSense GPS Tracker was created to keep children with special needs safe, but for that to happen the child needs to keep the device on! 90% of parents reported that their child became completely comfortable wearing the AngelSense GPS Tracker within three weeks. How is this achieved?
1. By designing it to STAY ON
- Unobtrusive and Sensory Friendly – the AngelSense GPS Tracker device is lightweight and encased in a ‘sleeve’ made of sensory-friendly, yet durable fabric. Once in the sleeve, it should be attached to the child’s clothing. For instance, it can be secured to the inner part of a pocket, so that there is no direct contact with the wearer’s skin. It can also be worn using a specialized belt that includes a pocket for inserting the GPS device — like a very small “fanny pack”.
- Securely attached – the GPS Tracker device is attached directly to the wearer’s clothing or is secured within the belt’s pouch with uniquely designed pins. The pins are pushed through the fabric of the device cover along with the fabric of the child’s clothing, and then secured on the other side with a magnetic cap. This is very similar to anti-theft magnets used in clothing stores. The end result is that the GPS tracking device is tightly secured into place.
- Can only be removed by a parent – once attached with the magnetic pins, the AngelSense GPS tracker device can only be removed from clothes using a magnetic ‘key’.
- Discreet – as the GPS device is worn underneath the clothing, it’s completely out of sight. This is important for your child’s security.
2. By enabling kids to wear it any which way that works for them
Because the AngelSense GPS Tracker device is attached to your child’s clothing, wearing is extremely versatile. You can attach it virtually anywhere that makes sense for your child’s unique requirements and daily activities. Some kids wear the GPS device attached to their hoodie or in the cuff of their pants!
Super Versatile Wearing:
The Undershirt is ideal for kids with special needs and sensory sensitivity who benefit from a GPS tracker.
“My son doesn’t mind wearing it and he has severe sensitivity to touch. Thank you AngelSense!” Kelly Beard Lasson
“The material is so soft, and I love the stitching too, nice and soft as to not cause any irritation! My son was very excited to try it on.” Wendy Chace
The pouch is a versatile option for special needs kids. It can be attached the inside of a pocket, along the waistline, in a backpack, or any other configuration your child prefers.
“The pouch is perfect for my daughter. Once it’s secured with the pins it stays put in her pocket.” Ana
The Belt is ideal for children who are potty training, who remove their own clothing, or require clothing changes throughout the day. Great for daycare and school.
“We love the AngelSense belt! My son can’t take it off , it goes under his clothing so it’s hidden & out of the way, and it never accidently gets thrown into the wash!” Sarah Garcia
3. Because they know wearing it means their parents are always watching over them
Wearing the AngelSense GPS tracker device gives kids a sense of security and confidence, knowing that their parent is always “with them” to protect them, even when not physically present. Many parents report that children insist on never leaving the house without their AngelSense on.
AngelSense is committed to creating a safer world for children with special needs. We designed the AngelSense GPS tracking solution to give parents the peace of mind that their child is safe at all times.