Empowering the Special Needs Community
Our GPS tracking device can help improve your child's safety and well-beingLearn about AngelSense
Top 10 Tips for Using AngelSense This Summer
Changes or lack of routine during the summer months set the stage for triggers to elopement. Family visiting, vacations and outings to crowded places make summertime nerve-racking for a lot of parents.
With AngelSense, you can enjoy your favorite summertime activities without the stress.
You and your child deserve summer freedom!
Here are 10 tips for using AngelSense this summer:
1. Use AngelSense daily: even if there is no school. We see an increase in wandering incidents with our users during the summer months.
- Important points: Changes in our children’s routine could trigger elopement. By using it daily, you will be able to see your child’s routes & locations during the whole day and it can help them adjust to a new summer schedule.
- Important points: Add camp counselors, summer school teachers or babysitters that might be caregivers over the summer as a “School Guardian” in the School Dashboard so they can use the AngelSense device during the summer.
3. “Share Live Location” for temp access: Give temporary and limited access to the current location of your AngelSense device to summer caregivers. It does not require them to download the app and log on as a Guardian, School Guardian or to be added as a First Responder.
- Important points: Use with babysitters, camp staff, grandparents or anyone else that is with your child on a temporary basis. You can add them for a few hours and turn it off when they are no longer with your child.
4. Test the First Responder Feature: Go over who you have as a First Responder and do a “test run” with them. When you turn on “Runner Mode” one of the options is “Test Mode”.
- Important points: Summer is a good time to visit a local law enforcement agency and find out who their search and rescue team members are. They might have someone that can be added to your First Responder list.
5. “My Location” for Summer Outings: See your location relative to your Angel’s location (device).
- Important points: This feature is especially useful in a non-urban area with no street signs such as amusement parks, campgrounds and fairgrounds! Here is the link with info on how to activate it: https://www.angelsense.com/help/my-location/
6. Practice with Voice Features: Use the voice features to help your child transition smoothly between places and new activities during the day.
- Important points: Learn how to use 2-Way Voice with your child, getting used to responding to your instructions, e.g. stop and wait.
7. Test “Alarm” Feature: Test out the “Alarm” feature with your child without causing added stress if they are in a difficult situation.
- Important points: The alarm feature is designed to help you locate your child when nearby in a crowd, indoors, or hiding. The alarm is loud and may attract others’ attention or alarm your child, so testing it with them beforehand is ideal.
- Important points: There is no way to remotely power the device on. Once the device is “Shutdown” it will have to be manually powered back on. Buttons on your device are disabled so that your child cannot accidentally turn it off.
9. Use “Location Playback”: View the key zones that your child spends time in, giving you another window into their daily routine. Monitor outdoor activity at summer camp or view location history at a large playground or waterpark.
- Important points: When the device is within a named location it updates every 15 minutes and this feature simply allows you to see where each of these updates were when within that named location.
10. ETA Feature: Never stand in the heat waiting for your child to arrive home. Stop worrying about your child’s bus arriving earlier than usual and not being there in time. With AngelSense ETA, you’ll know exactly when to expect them.
- Important points: AngelSense learns your child’s typical destinations and automatically calculates the expected time of arrival, taking into account traffic as well!
Safety is important all year round and summer is no exception.
Be sure to take your AngelSense GPS tracker with you on vacation, use it for summer camp and other outings.
In addition, maintaining a wearing routine during the summer can make back to school time much easier on you and your child.