Prepare yourself and your loved ones for an emergency using your AngelSense features including: Runner Mode 1-Way Voice (Listen-In) 2-Way Voice (AngelCall) My Location Location via Text First Responders Share Live Location Alarm AngelSense is the only solution proven to prevent wandering incidents. Parents and caregivers are empowered with AngelSense unique life-saving tools to quickly...GO »
How To Share Live Location Of GPS Tracker
This feature was developed based on real-life situations in which parents needed to share their child’s location quickly with Search & Rescue personnel with them having to be set up as Guardians or First Responders ahead of time.
Share Live Location enhances the access and ability to share tracking capabilities with someone. This feature takes the First Responders concept to a new level. Sometimes, you just want to give someone temporary and limited access to the current location of your AngelSense device. It does not require them to download the app and log on as a Guardian, School Guardian or to be added as a First Responder.
Share real-time access to your app with:
- Law enforcement personnel in the field
- School staff in case of elopement (if they aren’t School Guardians)
- Caregiver, babysitter or grandparent – add them for a few hours to the app
How does it work?
A link to the AngelSense app showing the current location and timeline for the access duration that was set (up to 24 hours) is shared by text message or email. It turns off automatically at the time you set, or you can manually turn it off at any time before. (including anyone that has access to the link)
You can send to an unlimited number of people. Note that the link can be forwarded by the recipient as needed. When it is turned off, the link is no longer valid. Next time you use the feature, a new unique link is created.
1. Go to the Tools Menu on the bottom and select “Share Live Location”
2. Put in the phone number or the email address and the amount of time to give them access to the app
What does the recipient of the link see?
The map and today’s timeline until the time you set. Their menu has 1 other option: Show My Location, in order to see their location relative to the location of the device.
3. To stop Share Live Location go back to the Tools Menu on the bottom and select “Share Live Location” again. You can Stop sharing with one person by selecting ‘Stop’ next to their information or with all of them by selecting ‘Stop All’.
*Available on App Version 1.2.1 and higher. You can verify your app version and software version from your app’s Menu in the “About” section.