Advanced troubleshooting Remote Refresh/Shutdown Powering off Powering on Removing the battery Handling water damage Advanced troubleshooting Thank you for your patience as we work together to troubleshoot your issue. Charging Issues All Other Device Issues CHARGING ISSUES If your device does not appear to be charging, please try these steps: ...GO »
Charging the Device
The AngelSense Guardian GPS device is charged with a standard USB charger. It takes about 4 hours to recharge the battery. The device automatically powers on when it is plugged in.
To charge the battery:
- Connect one side of the USB charging cable to the wall charger and the small connector to the Guardian device. (The bottom side of the connector has an arrow drawn on it.)
- Charge the device near a window with good cellular reception, so that data can be regularly transmitted to the app.
- Ensure that the device is charging:
- When the device is charging, the device’s blue LED stays on (not blinking).
- Additionally, you can check the status bar in your app after a few minutes. When the device is charging, the lightning bolt appears next to the battery, and the battery is colored green.
In app version 1.7.0 and higher, the status bar is as below
- The device’s charging port is not under warranty.
- We recommend that an adult connects the device to a charger, and not a child.
- Attach the charger gently. Connect and disconnect the cable in a straight movement without wiggling.
- We suggest to keep the device charging when not in use. It is best to keep the device charged instead of letting the battery run out.
- GPS 1 devices have the power button disabled by default.
- Pressing the power button will not power off the device. It is disabled by default to avoid it accidentally being powered off.
- To turn the device off, if needed, use the app remote shutdown feature.
- To turn the device on, plug in the device.
- To enable the power button, go to the app web version, go to Main Menu > Settings > General > Enabled > Save
- Power Button Enabled?
- Pressing down on the power button for 7 seconds, will power off the device.
- Pressing down on the power button for 3 seconds, will power the device on.
*GPS 1 devices with device tracker version of G4A.EY.016 and above can enable the power button from the app in the web version only for now. We will be updating the phone app in the near future. You can see your device’s current firmware version from the app Main Menu > Help > About. Please contact us for any assistance.