Inquire with your insurance company about whether they cover some or all of the cost. Prepare the following information when submitting a request to insurance companies:
You can also speak to your family doctor about getting a diagnosis for wandering. We have a *letter your doctor can personalize attached below; this may help you with the insurance company requirements.
Ask your doctor to include "AngelSense GPS for Wandering Prevention"
Codes to personalize for your diagnosis:
- Autism F84.0
- Mild Intellectual disability F70
- Moderate Intellectual disability F71
- Dementia F03
- Alzheimer's G30.9
Other Codes to use for AngelSense device/system:
- X5012 Personal Emergency Response System (HIPAA Compliant)
- S5160, S5161, S5162 Personal Emergency Response System (CPT/HCPC)
- S5160K, S5161HK Health & Safety Welfare
- E1399 Durable Medical Equipment & Other
- F84.0 Augmentative Devices (GPS tracking device) due to Autism wandering in diseases classified elsewhere Z91.83
Medicaid Waivers that have been used to cover AngelSense:
- Home and Community-Based Services for the Developmentally Disabled (HCBS-DD) Waiver
- Children's Long-Term Support (CLTS) Waiver
- Children's Community Options Program (CCOP)
- HCBS Children With Autism Waiver
- Children’s Developmental Disabilities Waiver
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
- Intellectual Disability Waiver (ID)
- MO MO.0841 Partnership for Hope
Check the document at the bottom of this page for Waiver Number & Waiver Name in your State.
*Most waivers will be issued to cover the AngelSense starter kit + 1 full year of service.
SAMPLE LETTER FOR DOCTOR TO USE: