If the cost to raise a child in the U.S, from birth to age 18 is approximately $245,340 (or $304,480, adjusted for projected inflation), I shudder to think of the costs involved in raising my seven year old son with autism.GO »
Insurance & Medicaid Codes
About Insurance & Medicaid
Below is helpful information that may help you cover the cost of AngelSense.
First, a few important points to consider:
- Medicaid state insurance plans typically do not cover AngelSense.
- In many states, AngelSense has been covered for eligible participants through Medicaid HCBS waivers. But, the recipient must go through any necessary evaluations or steps before adding services to their individual service plan. Please have your caseworker contact us to see if AngelSense must first become a vendor, for services to be provided.
- Some private insurance companies have covered AngelSense as an out-of-network service or have approved customer reimbursement for our service, but this is largely determined on a case by case basis. AngelSense does not directly bill any type of insurance.
* The above information is based on feedback from our existing customers and meant to assist families in their search for possible funding sources.
AngelSense cannot guarantee approval for any of the abovementioned programs.
When looking for funding sources, it might be helpful to prepare the following information in advance:
Speak to your family doctor about getting a formal diagnosis for wandering.
We have a Sample Doctor Letter with Wandering Code your doctor can personalize.
Ask your doctor to include “AngelSense GPS for Wandering Prevention”
Wandering diagnosis codes:
Associated diagnosis codes:
- Autism F84.0
- Mild Intellectual disability F70
- Moderate Intellectual disability F71
- Dementia F03
- Alzheimer’s G30.9
Other codes to use for the AngelSense device/system:
- S5160, S5161, S5162 Personal Emergency Response System (CPT/HCPC)
- S5160K, S5161HK Health & Safety Welfare
- X5012 Personal Emergency Response System (HIPAA Compliant)
- F84.0 Augmentative Devices (GPS tracking device) due to Autism wandering in diseases classified elsewhere Z91.83