There are several options that you may want to pursue to obtain funding to cover the cost of AngelSense.
Some of our families have had success with the following:
- Funding Options for Medicaid Waiver Programs, Insurance & other sources
- Tax deduction (USA): The AngelSense service expense is tax deductible in certain states.
- Ask us about known funding in these States:
- California (see below for criteria)
- New York
- North Carolina
Other known sources:
- The Funding Guide for Children with Disabilities by Tamara Simmon. Process for applying to the various funding sources that assist children. It features tips and advice for the greatest chance of being selected and includes a directory of over 200 funding sources divided into three categories: National, State and Wish Funders. Free eBook: http://www.disabilityfundingspecialist.com/funding-guide
- Canada: AngelSense users in Canada have shared with us that they applied for aid via Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities and also for the disability tax credit. First Nations families in Canada can get their device and service funded via Jordan’s Principal program.
- UK: This list includes some charities offering grants for families with children with special needs. Many of these organisations offer a lot more than grants, including information, advice and many other services. But if you’re specifically looking for grants for your child, then this is a good place to start your research. https://www.mumsnet.com/special-needs/benefits/loans-and-grants
- The Autism Alliance of Michigan (AAOMI) has recently joined forces with us in order to provide funding to more families in Michigan! Here is a link with a form to fill out and someone from AAOMI will contact you in order to discuss your eligibility. https://autismallianceofmichigan.org/project/gps
- Autism Care Today: provides funding assistance specifically for AngelSense to families throughout the United States on a quarterly basis. These grants are designed to provide access to individuals and families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders. http://www.act-today.org/angelsense/ (Effective April 1, 2019, grant programs have been temporarily suspended)
- Wisconsin Medicaid Waiver Program: CLTS, Katie Beckett, IRIS, Family Care, CCOP, CHIP, BadgerCare Plus, SSI. Many children with autism across Wisconsin have successfully received funding for AngelSense GPS + 1 year of service through a variety of programs and benefits through Medicaid and waiver programs, especially the CLTS waiver. AngelSense is an approved vendor in Wisconsin as a Personal Emergency Response System (PERS). Click for more information
- Missouri Medicaid & Medicaid Waiver Program: The following waivers can help you get funding for AngelSense: MO Children w/DD (MOCDD) (4185.R05.00), MO DD Comprehensive (0178.R06.00), MO Div of DD Community Support (0404.R03.00) Partnership for Hope Waiver. The waiver covers the AngelSense Guardian Kit and 1 year of service, under the Assistive Technology service category. Requests to access Medicaid waiver services can be made through an Intake Worker, Information Specialist or Support Coordinator at your REGIONAL OFFICE.
- California: Carlos Vieira Foundation Direct-Help Grant Program is offered to provide up to $500 of services, medical necessities, and educational tools to families affected by autism within Central California. Families must complete the application, provide all required supporting documentation, and the child must meet the three following requirements to be considered eligible: Under the age of 18. Resides within one of the following 21 counties: Merced, Glenn, Stanislaus, Butte, Madera, Colusa, Mariposa, El Dorado, Tuolumne, Sutter, San Joaquin, Yuba, Fresno, Yolo, Sacramento, Placer, Shasta, Kings, Tehama, Tulare, or Kern. Diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder. Apply here: https://carlosvieirafoundation.org/programs/race-for-autism/direct-help-grant-program.html
Please feel free to contact us to share your experience with any or all of the aforementioned options. We are always adding to this list. Share your knowledge with us so we can pass it on.
Read from the AngelSense Blog:
Disclaimer: These tips are from our users and we cannot guarantee 100% approval with any of the above. The process can sometimes take 3-6 months.