Empowering the Special Needs Community
Our GPS tracking device can help improve your child's safety and well-beingLearn about AngelSense
Wisconsin Families: Get Funding for AngelSense GPS
One of the keys to navigating the daunting task of securing services for your special needs child is finding out what funding sources are available. If you can do this, then your mission is a success, if not, then you have a lot of work to do.
The good news is that we have gathered the information needed to get funding for AngelSense to help families better protect their children.
Many children with autism across Wisconsin have successfully received funding for AngelSense GPS through a variety of programs and benefits through Medicaid and waiver programs, especially the CLTS waiver. AngelSense is an approved vendor statewide as a Personal Emergency Response System (PERS).
If your child holds a Medicaid waiver and is prone to elope, contact your Service Coordinator and ask to add AngelSense as a new service.
For help in applying for or questions about funding in Wisconsin, contact our Funding Liaison Team at 646-770-2950 or email@example.com.
The following waivers and/or programs can help you get funding for AngelSense:
- CLTS Children’s Long-Term Support – provides Medicaid funding for children who have substantial limitations in their daily activities and need support to remain in their home or community.
- Katie Beckett Program – a special eligibility process that allows certain children with long-term disabilities, mental illness, or complex medical needs, living at home with their families, to obtain a Wisconsin ForwardHealth Medicaid card.
- IRIS – an option for adults with long-term care needs.
- Family Care (elderly) – for frail elders, and adults with physical, developmental, or intellectual disabilities.
Other Medicaid or State Programs
- CCOP Children’s Community Options Program – provides a coordinated approach to supporting families who have a child with a disability. Children not enrolled in Medicaid are eligible for CCOP, but they must meet the functional level of care as determined by the CLTS Functional Screen.
- CHIP – Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) provide no-cost or low-cost health coverage for eligible children in Wisconsin.
- BadgerCare Plus – health care coverage program for low-income Wisconsin residents.
- SSI Supplemental Security Income – child disability benefits through Social Security Contact Social Security
If you are already receiving services under one of the above-mentioned programs, you can speak to your Service Coordinator about adding AngelSense as a new service to your child’s ISP.
For intake and eligibility* for Medicaid waiver services, see county contacts here.
*Applicants for Medicaid waivers must also be financially eligible for Medicaid.
If you are not currently enrolled in Medicaid, contact your local DHS office for information.
Or, go to ACCESS.wi.gov and click on Apply for Benefits. ACCESS is the fastest and easiest way to apply for all forms of BadgerCare Plus and Medicaid no matter where you live in Wisconsin. (dhs.wisconsin.gov)
Individuals determined ineligible for Medicaid and/or waiver services are not disqualified from other services for which they may qualify. Contact your Regional Center for more information about other programs and/or services available to you and your family.
For questions or support, please contact our Funding Liaison Team.