Empowering the Special Needs Community
Our GPS tracking device can help improve your child's safety and well-beingLearn about AngelSense
17 Quotes to Inspire Special Needs Parents in 2017
As we start 2017, special needs parents are presented with lots of teachable moments. Helping your child reflect on the past year and set goals for the new one is an opportunity to foster important life skills and values.
But what about you? How can you use the start of a new year to sharpen your own parenting skills and resolve to make 2017 the best year it can be for you and your family? Here are 17 quotes to keep you inspired and on track in 2017:
1. “If you can give your son or daughter only one gift, let it be enthusiasm.” – Bruce Barton
2.“With tremendous burdens often come enormous gifts. The trick is to identify the gifts, and glory in them.” – Maya Shetreat-Klein
3.“Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth.” – J.K. Rowling
4.“Motherhood is about raising and celebrating the child you have, not the child you thought you would have. It’s about understanding that he is exactly the person he is supposed to be and that, if you’re lucky, he just might be the teacher who turns you into the person you are supposed to be.” – Joan Ryan
5.“We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
6. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” ― Benjamin Spock
7. “Listen to the desires of your children. Encourage them and then give them the autonomy to make their own decision.” – Denis Waitley
8. “My children taught me the true meaning of unconditional love.” ― Yvonne Pierre
9. “It can be one of parents’ most difficult jobs to walk the fine line between giving in to their children’s whims and punishing them for what are basically healthy attempts to discover who they are.” – Mister Rogers
10. “The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards.” – Anatole France
11. “Autism … offers a chance for us to glimpse an awe-filled vision of the world that might otherwise pass us by.” – Colin Zimbleman
12. “Don’t worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you.” – Robert Fulghum
13. “One of the great things that any community can do is not teach tolerance, but live tolerance, not talk respect, but live inclusivity.” – Michael Pritchard
14. “Nine tenths of education is encouragement.” – Anatole France
15. “Every child deserves a champion – an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insists that they become the best that they can possibly be.” – Rita Pierson
16. “The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives.” – Robert M. Hutchins
17. “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.” – Antoine de St. Exupery
AngelSense is committed to creating a safer world for children with special needs. We designed the AngelSense GPS tracking solution to give parents the peace of mind that their child is safe at all times. Try AngelSense Today.
AngelSense is committed to creating a safer world for children with special needs. We designed the AngelSense GPS tracking solution to give parents the peace of mind that their child is safe at all times.