What We’re Thankful For – Being a Special Needs Mom in the Age of Technology
A post by AngelSense, a GPS & voice monitoring solution designed for children with special needs.
Learn more about how AngelSense’s GPS tracking device can help improve your child’s safety and well-being.
With the year coming to a close, we asked our customer care team or, as we like to call them, “Our Moms”, what they’re thankful for. We call them “Our Moms” because our entire customer support team is staffed by mothers of children with special needs.
Here are the 5 things AngelSense Moms are thankful for as special needs parents in the age of technology:
1. Information at your fingertips – The internet provides a wealth of information that would have taken years to research the “old way”. Nowadays we take so much for granted with our smartphones and continuous online access. But consider what it must have been like to be a special needs parent as recently as 20 years ago. If you wanted information on a certain condition, you had to go to the library for hours, or even days. If you wanted to find a recommended medical professional or some form of treatment or therapy, you had to rely on word of mouth. It’s quite amazing to contemplate how hard parents had to work to get a fraction of the information available to us today at the click of a button.
You do have to be careful though, the wonders of technology also come with some pitfalls such as squandering precious hours of sleep to obsessively google symptoms your child may or may not have. Random websites are not necessarily reliable sources. Better to rely on information shared by fellow special needs parents.
2. Online Communities – Joining a support group on social media or simply reading blogs meant for the special needs community, allows our Moms to share their thoughts and feelings and is a source of hope, insight, advice and camaraderie.
3. Tablets/Smartphones are the number one “life savers”, keeping children occupied when parents have to do something important…like take a shower. They are also used to help nonverbal children spell out words or sentences and communicate more effectively.
4. Learning Apps – There is a multitude of apps out there that help children with special needs acquire social skills, reading & writing skills and more. Our Moms are particularly grateful for the apps that help their children develop communication skills, giving nonverbal children a voice.
5. AngelSense GPS Tracker for Children with Special Needs – Allows our Moms to continuously safeguard their child. They feel like they are there with their child throughout his or her entire day, even though they aren’t physically present. They can monitor their child’s bus ride to and from school and listen-in at any time to hear how their child is doing.
The entire AngelSense Team is thankful to be living in an age in which technology is utilized to grow awareness of the challenges of special needs parenting, and so many resources are available to us. We feel privileged to be able to help keep children with special needs safe, providing much deserved peace of mind to their parents.
AngelSense is committed to creating a safer world for children with special needs. We designed the AngelSense GPS tracking solution to give parents the peace of mind that their child is safe at all times. Try AngelSense Today.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]