To preserve battery life:
- Name places to assure power saving is activated
- Assure place borders are large enough, e.g. to include all of school's buildings
- Use Runner Mode and 1-Way Voice (Listen-In) and 2-Way Voice (AngelCall) moderately
- Connect GPS 2 to Wi-Fi
- Leave the device charging until you are ready to use it
- The battery can last up to 24 hours with normal use after a full charge (about 2 hours).
- The battery life can be impacted by poor cellular reception, being in unnamed locations, and use of Runner Mode and 1-Way and 2-Way Voice.
From the AngelSense Blog:
Proactive alerts to routine deviations and providing consistent location updates in poor GPS and cellular conditions are indispensable features. Supporting these capabilities require enough power to sustain the device and can only be achieved with larger battery size and an equally accommodating device.