Request a diagnostic letter from your Physician
Request a recommendation letter to support the wandering diagnosis and include the following information:
Description: AngelSense GPS Safety Device for Wandering Prevention
*Please remember we are unable to bill Medicaid or your private insurance directly and therefore you are responsible for payment and submission of the paperwork required for reimbursement.
Prescription from DoctorA prescription from your Physician needs to be requested and include the following information:
Name: AngelSense GPS Safety Device for Wandering Prevention
Sample Letter for Doctor Use:
Sample Doctor Letter with Wandering Code
Medicaid Waiver Coverage Procedures
First-time applicant: Locate your state of residence via www.medicaidwaiver.org/index.html and contact the local office to get details about the application process.
- County/State Programs: Contact your county Department of Health & Human Services, Mental Health or local regional center to find out what types of programs for which you may be eligible.
- W-9 download - required by some agencies
- Once you are approved for Medicaid or a Medicaid Waiver, please have your caseworker/service coordinator contact us so that AngelSense can become an approved vendor for their local office. We will fill out the required paperwork and return it as soon as possible. for their local office. We will fill out the required paperwork and return it as soon as possible.
Insurance Codes for AngelSense
ICD-10-CM codes (Diagnosis Codes)Alzheimer’s Disease G30.9
Autism or Pervasive developmental disorder F84.0
Dementia, unspecified, with behavioral disturbance F03.9-
Intellectual disabilities F70-F79
The following code(s) above Z91.83 contain annotation back-references that may be applicable to Z91.83:
Z00-Z99 Factors influencing health status and contact with health services
Z77-Z99 Persons with potential health hazards related to family and personal history and certain conditions influencing health status
Z91 Personal risk factors, not elsewhere classified
*The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM Z91.83 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- Talk with the social worker of your child's school tell them that you want to apply for Easter Seals and that you would like to fill out the application. There going to give you a client waiver to fill out.
Be sure to include a diagnosis from a doctor if your child is prone to wandering, with your application that you mail out so that you can get approved more quickly.
(See Insurance Codes above)
- Fill out the client waiver and the application and take it back to the school social worker and they will mail the application and fax the client waiver form to the caseworker who puts you in contact with Easter Seals. Once that client waiver is filled out and faxed your caseworker should call you within 24-48 hours to let you know the name and contact number of the person with Easter Seals that will approve your child and put together your child's profile!
Other Codes to use in case the above are not
accepted by your specific insurance company:
- X5012 Personal Emergency Response System (HIPAA Compliant)
- S5160, S5161, S5162 Personal Emergency Response System (CPT/HCPC)
- F84.0 Augmentative Devices (GPS tracking device) due to Autism wandering in diseases classified elsewhere Z91.83
S5160K, S5161HK Health & Safety Welfare
- S5160K - Units of Service – Maximum allowed based on 12 month plan, Personal Emergency Response System – install/test (HSW Only)
- S5161HK - Per Month Unit of Event, Personal Emergency Response System - monthly service fee (HSW only) S5161HK Per Month
Personal Emergency Response System
S5160, S5161, S5162
S5160: Emergency response system; installation and testing
S5161: Emergency response system; service fee, per month
(Excludes installation and testing)